Smoothies are soft and creamy drinks usually made from fresh fruits, milk, nuts, seeds, vegetables, etc. They’re popular among people of all ages because of their numerous potential health benefits. By consuming them, you increase your fruit and vegetable intake. Thus, you lower your risk of chronic diseases and maintain a healthy body weight. Additionally, you boost your fiber consumption with smoothies, supporting healthy bowel movements and fostering overall health.
One good thing about smoothies is that you can personalize them to fit your taste and preferences. For instance, you can have fruit smoothies, green smoothies, protein smoothies, or combine them in any way you want. With that in mind, here are four easy everyday mango smoothie recipes:
- Mango banana smoothie recipe
Indeed, this is one of the easiest yet healthiest smoothie recipes you can prepare. Mangoes and bananas are some of the most common tropical fruits loved by many. According to professional research, bananas make up approximately 75% of the annual tropical fruit trade. Generally, mangoes contain fiber and vitamins A, B, and C. On the other hand, bananas are a healthy source of vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin C, and numerous antioxidants and phytonutrients.
Together, these fruits improve your body’s metabolism and bowel movement. Second, they keep you full for a long time by restraining your appetite, thus allowing you to manage your weight. Lastly, they promote the generation of red blood cells.
Here are the following ingredients for a healthy banana smoothie recipe:
- 1 cup ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 banana, frozen or fresh, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk
- ice cubes
To prepare, place the mango and banana pieces in a blender. Add milk and sugar. Milk gives the smoothie a creamier, thicker texture, and sugar gives it a sweeter taste. For vegan options, you can go with almond or soy milk. Add the ice cubes. Blend until the smoothie is thick and creamy.
- Acai mango smoothie bowl recipe
The acai–mango combination makes one of the best healthy smoothie bowl recipes. Acai bowls and berries have several health benefits. Both ingredients contain vitamin C and manganese, antioxidants that protect your cells against oxidative harm.
According to a study, taking acai pulp augmented antioxidant levels in the blood of 12 adults within one day. Additionally, they’re nutrient-dense and contain high sugar and calories, meaning they’re an excellent energy source.
You can make acai bowls with different fruits, such as strawberries and bananas. You can make your bowl with the following:
- Combine sugarless, iced acai strain or powder with a bit of milk or water to form a foundation for your bowl.
- Include your favorite toppings, like fruits. Also, you may add nuts of your choice to increase the smoothie’s protein content.
- Add some vegetables, and remember to check your rationing to control your calories, sugar, and carbs.
Here are the ingredients you need for a healthy acai smoothie recipe:
- 1/2 cup mango, fresh or frozen, sliced
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 ounces sugarless acai pulp, iced
To prepare, simply put the mango, bananas, oats, acai pulp, and milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Next, pour into a bowl and add chia seeds and syrup.
- Mango strawberry smoothie recipe
Another popular healthy mango smoothie recipe is the combination of mango and strawberry. To spice up the presentation, you can blend the two fruits separately and have two layers. This makes it elegant and fun since you have two vivid colors glowing in your glass.
Follow the steps below for a healthy strawberry smoothie recipe:
- For the strawberry layer, you need 1/2 cup chilled strawberries, 1 cup orange juice, and 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth. Add orange juice to achieve your preferred thinness.
- For the mango layer, you need 1/2 cup frozen chopped mango, 1/2 cup orange juice, and 1/4 cup water. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth. Consider adding orange juice or water dropwise to thinness.
- After making both layers, fill half your glass with the mango smoothie and the remaining strawberry. Enjoy your smoothie any time of the day.
- Chocolate mango smoothie recipe
Mango and chocolate make a unique, charming, and delicious smoothie. The mixture is healthy, sweet, and creamy, making it palatable. For a healthy chocolate recipe, you need the following:
- 1 banana, chilled
- 1 cup mango, frozen and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 cups coconut milk
To prepare it, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Undeniably, mango smoothies are good for your health as they contain numerous vitamins and nutrients. Furthermore, you can easily make it at home since you only need a blender and the ingredients. The good thing is that mango blends well with most fruits and vegetables, giving you unlimited choices. Try out the above four mango smoothie recipes alternately, and you’ll truly enjoy it.
Healthline. “Are Acai Bowls Healthy? Calories and Nutrition”, Source: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/acai-bowl-calories-and-nutrition.
Healthline. “Bananas 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits.” https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods/bananas.
WebMD Editorial Contributor. “Smoothies: Are They Good for You?” reviewed by Dan Brennan, MD. WebMd, October 13, 2020. Source: https://www.webmd.com/diet/smoothies-good-for-you.
Wonderopolis.org. “What Is the World’s Most Popular Fruit?” https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-is-the-worlds-most-popular-fruit.