There are days you would overindulge without realising that you have filled your body with unhealthy stuff that makes you feel weighed down and lethargic. Often, it also affects your mood and your productivity. The best thing to do in this situation is to take out all those unhealthy substances from your body and detox.
If you’re somebody who’s expected to be at your best at all times, then there’s no time for sluggishness. You must always be up on your feet and show everyone you have the energy and strength. For example, if you’re an athlete, there are smoothies for athletes that can help you stay fit and active. The same goes for students, professional workers, busy moms and dads, and just about anyone with a responsibility to fulfil. The best way to do this is by taking a detox smoothie.
What Is A Detox Smoothie?
Detox means getting rid of unhealthy substances from the body. And a smoothie, as you may very well know, is a creamy concoction of liquid, fruits, vegetables, and nuts made using a blender until it becomes smooth. So, if you’re wondering what do detox smoothies do? From the name itself, it can help purify the body and get rid of unwanted substances so you can function better and feel your best.
What Are The Best Detox Smoothie Ingredients?
- Apples – Apples are rich in fibre, vitamins and antioxidants. Make sure to leave the skin on when you add it to your smoothie. It’s an excellent ingredient for weight loss and can help improve your gut health.
- Kale – These leafy greens are jam-packed with nutrients and will help your body regain its form. The vitamin A in kale is excellent for building bone health, so if you’re a bodybuilder or an athlete, this will be incredibly beneficial.
The vibrant green colour of kale is because of the abundance of lutein and zeaxanthin, nutrients that help prevent macular degeneration and cataracts. Moreover, if you’re not fond of eating fish, you can still get omega-3 fatty acids from kale. Omega-3 is essential for your heart health.
- Bananas – Bananas are common fruit packed with benefits and are an excellent detox ingredient because of their high fibre content. It doesn’t contain any fat and is very low in calories.
Adding bananas to your detox smoothie can instantly make you full, making it a weight-loss-friendly ingredient. Possibly the most crucial element in a banana is potassium. This is a vital mineral that the body can’t produce and contributes to the health of cells, nerves and muscle function.
- Pear – Like bananas, pears are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Moreover, it can help reduce inflammation and hangover. So, imagine you had a night of drinking with friends, but you have early work or training the following day. You can add a pear to your detox smoothie to help reduce the sluggishness you feel, keep you more focused and alert, and eliminate the piercing headache. That is because pears contain an enzyme that helps metabolise alcohol and inhibits its absorption in the body. It would be best to choose Asian or Korean pears, so the next time you’re out for a grocery errand, look for this.
- Coconut water – Health buffs are going gaga over coconut water, and why wouldn’t they? Coconut water is best for hydration and contains high amounts of electrolytes to help replenish lost nutrients in the body. The potassium in coconut water aids in removing the excess sodium that your body absorbs, which will be excellent in maintaining the health of your kidneys.
- Ginger – This is a spice that has tons of medicinal benefits, making it a very popular ingredient in many dishes all over Asia. It contains powerful antioxidants which help reduce oxidative stress in the body. It’s an excellent weight-loss ingredient, helps lower cholesterol levels, and can also reduce joint pain and inflammation.
What Can Detox Smoothie Do For Your Body?
Detox smoothies can do wonders for your body. You can make it a part of your diet and not just on days you feel like flushing out bad stuff you’ve ingested. To give you a better idea, here are the benefits of detox smoothies:
- Flush out toxins
- Help with weight loss
- Improve immunity
- Give your skin a glow
- Make your hair shine
- Keep your bones strong
- Prevent chronic illnesses
Regularly cleansing your body to remove toxins is imperative. If you’ve let those toxins settle on your body, that’s where all the problems start to arise. Your body is a vessel and taking good care of this vessel means you’ll have better things to pour out from it for the people around you.